Why Do Cars Need Wheel Alignment
Our shop uses Hunter Engineering Company’s “High-Definition Digital Imaging Wheel Alignment”. This state of the art alignment system uses four precision cameras to measure the position and orientation of targets mounted on each wheel of your car. The aligner uses this information to calculate your car’s current alignment measurements, and then compares these measurements to the car manufacturer’s (O.E.M.) alignment specifications. Custom specifications are available at the discretion of the vehicle owner and Simone Performance.
Hunter Engineering Company explains why wheel alignment is important and how to tell when it’s time.
Benefits of Proper Wheel Alignment:
- Reduced Tire Wear: A proper alignment can extend the life of tires.
- Better Gas Mileage: Gas mileage improves as rolling resistance is minimized.
- Improved Handling: Many handling problems can be corrected by proper wheel alignment.
- Safer Driving: An inspection allows worn parts to be detected before they cause costly problems.
How to Tell if Your Vehicle Needs a Wheel Alignment:
- Steering pulls to the left or right
- Steering wheel vibrates
- Tire noise from any tire
These can all be indicators that it may be time for an inspection and/or a wheel alignment.